A few days ago we learn many technique of physiotherapy for disease. Today we learn how to do the physiotherapy for the knee joint pain. But at first we must be learn about knee joint. So let’s go.
Articulation of Knee Joint:
Above are the rounded condyles of the femur, below are the condyles of the tibia and their cartilaginous menisci, infront is the articulation between the lower end of the femur and the patella. The articular surfaces are covered with hyaline cartilage.
The knee joint is the largest and most complicated joint in the body. It consists of condylar joints between the medial and lateral condyles of the femur and the corresponding condyles of the tibia and a gliding joint between thepattela and the patellar surface of the femur.
Type of Knee Joint:
- The joint is a condylar joint between the femur and tibia is a synovial joint of the hinge variety, but some degree of rotator movement is possible.
- The joint is a saddle joint between the patella and femur is a synovial joint of the plane gliding variety.
Ligament of Knee Joint:
- Extra Capsular Ligamnet
- The ligamentum pattelae
- The lateral collateral Fibular ligament
- The medial collateral Tibial ligament
- The oblique popliteal ligament
- The arcuate popliteal ligament
- The medial meniscus
- The lateral meniscus
- The transverse ligament
- Intra Capsular ligament
- Anterior cruciate ligament
- Posterior cruciate ligament
Burse of Knee Joint:
- Anterior bursae:
- The supra pattelar bursae
- The prepattelar bursae
- The superficial intrapattelar bursae
- The deep intrapattelar bursae
- Posterior bursae:
- The popliteal bursae
- The semimembranous bursae
Nerve supply Of Knee Joint:
- Femoral nerve
- Obturator nerve
- Common peroneal nerve
- Tibial nerve
Movement of Knee Joint:
- Flexion: Normal range 0-135 degree. It performed by the biceps femoris and the semitendinous and semimembranous, gracillis, Sartorius and pepliteus muscles.
- Extension: Normal range 135-0 degree. It performed by the quadriceps femoris and tensor fasciae latae.
- Medial rotation: N/A
- Lateral rotation: N/A